Tuesday, April 6, 2010

FOTD [04.04.2010] - A subtle smokey eye look for beginners


Hey lovelies,

Ever since my haul (which I will probably do a video/post on it soon) from CrushCosmetics a week ago, I have been trying out different looks using the new products, which include my VERY first batch of NYX products (yay to no longer a NYX virgin lol). :)


A subtle smokey eye look for beginners.

I actually got the idea from a friend, who was having a hard time trying to figure out how to apply make up for a upcoming dance/dinner and apparently, the Youtube tutorials are a lil too advanced for her. Lol.

A close up of how it looks like. A pretty subtle one for those who doesn't want to have overly bold look but still want the smokey effect to be there.

To add some spice to this look, simply draw your lower lashline using an angled brush with any funky colours of your choice on top of the brown eyeliner I have used. In my case, I picked a turquoise-ish green eyeshadow and a frosty light green colour to line the inner tear duct area.
(Although it is not really obvious in photos)

On my EYES:
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in SLATE (as eyeshadow base)
Colour #1 from Crushcosmetics 88 Neutral Palette (all over the lid, after applying SLATE)
Colour #2 from Crushcosmetics 88 Neutral Palette (at the outer lid and crease area)
Colour #3 from Crushcosmetics 88 Neutral Palette (Brow Bone)
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black (Upper Lash Line)
Loreal Contour Kohl Eyeliner in Chocolate Noir (Lower Lash Line)
Colour #4 from Crushcosmetics 88 Neutral Palette (Outer 3/4 of my lower lash line, on top of my brown liner)
Colour #5 from Crushcosmetics 88 Neutral Palette (Inner lower lash line and tear duct area)
Loreal Brow Stylist in Dark Brown
Rimmel MAX Volume Flash in Ultra Black

On my FACE:
Queenskin Lanolin Cream (as moisturizer)
Etude House BB Magic Cream
Loreal Matt Transparent Blush with Vitamin C in True Rose

On my LIP:
NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colour in CIRCE
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in BEIGE

Hope you guys like it :)

XOXO,
A

No comments:

LinkWithin