Saturday, April 10, 2010

Quick Update + Neutral (with a "POP") FOTDs

Hey lovelies,

I know I haven't been posting anything else besides FOTDs every since I started Through Beauty Eyes. I have been pretty flat out in the past one week with all the graduate applications (which leads to frustration after the never ending rejections), work, catching up with some mates and running errands. I have a few things drafted in my mind that I want to blog about, but I can only do so after I have canceled all the above mentioned from my to-do-list. Hopefully, I can get a blog-tutorial up by tonight. So, stay tune for that. :)

You could probably tell by now, I am into nudes and neutral colour at the moment. Totally falling into the whole autumn mode. And with my recent purchase, the 88 Warm Colour Palette, I have been trying out different neutral looks daily, albeit they look pretty much the same. (Just swapping between different shades of browns). I love my earthy brown colour. Simple and classy. :)

This is one of my favourite on-the-go look. Instead of using a normal beige colour all over my lid, I replace it with a peachy colour with shimmer bits. And I am using Sports Girl Shady Lady Eye Colour in Tiny Dancer. (I bought a few products from Sports Girl's cosmetic line a few weeks ago, might do a review on it soon. =P) And the rest (crease, outer lid and browbone) were from my faithful 88 warm colour palette.

For mascara, I applied Maybelline Magnum Volume Mascara; and Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Eyeliner in Black on my upper and lower lash line. As for my eyebrows, I filled it up with In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Colour in EyeBrowns. I also lined my lower lashline with a dark olive green shadow and a pearly white shadow from my 88 warm colour palette .

A close-up :)

I find myself reaching out for eyebrow kit instead of the eyebrow pencil as of late. Filling your eyebrows with eyebrow-shadow (is this what you call them? lol) gives you a much more natural and softer look as compared to eyebrow pencil.

And to finish off, I applied Etude House Lovely Cookie Blush in 03 as well as Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight and Revlon Beyond Natural Lipgloss in Peach.

Simple and classy. :)

On the days where the sun is out and shining high (which is almost everyday last week =P), I might add a little colours to the usual neutral look by drawing my lower lashlines with funky colours, and use a more coral-ish lippie instead of the usual nudes.

See how the purple liner on the lash line "popped" the entire neutral look?

On my EYES
88 Warm Colour Palette ( I can't remember the exact colours used to create this look)
In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Colour in EyeBrowns
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Eyeliner in Black (Upper Lash Line)
Sports Girl Draw The Line Eyeliner in Purple? (Lower Lash Line)
Rimmel Volume Lash Mascara in Ultra Black

On my FACE
Loreal Whte Perfect Transparent Rosy Whitening Moisterizer
Etude House Magic BB Cream
Loreal True Match Mineral Foundation in Apricot Peach
Loreal Matt Transparent Blush with Vitamin C in True Rose

On my LIPS
Maybelline Colour Sensational in Pink Peach

It goes well with glasses too... On the days where you are too lazy to put on your contacts, you can always pull of the sexy secretary look. =P

I can't believe how fair I have turned into in the span of TWO weeks! Now, my bronzer seems to be too dark for me. :(

This is me(with EXTREMELY minimal make up) , two weeks ago when the family was still Sydney. I miss my tan (though I wasn't even that tanned to start with)

-Without flash-

-With flash-

Stay tune for the upcoming blog-tutorial :)

XOXO,
A

No comments:

LinkWithin