Tuesday, May 18, 2010

TBE How To: Japenezu-Inspired-Look

Hey lovelies,

How was your weekend? Hope you all had a great one. :D Is it me or did just weekend just flew by and its Monday again? Woke up to a crappy weather ( it has been raining non-stop in Sydney since last night) and work was pretty bad either.:S Thank god for little things that put a smile back on my face. Gosh, I feel so high school again. =P

Anyways, lets cut the crap and proceed to some beauty-related stuff, shall we? For those who knows me personally should probably know by now that I was never into the whole Japanese fashion thingo. It was just never my kind of thing. However, the curiosity in me took over and I decided to try out a Japanese-inspired-FOTD today after a friend of mine sent me this magazine shot and asked me to try this look out.

Epic eyeliner with nude lips. The trick here is to blend your eyeliner out with black eyeshadow to soften the harsh edges of the eyeliner.Before I got into the eyeshadow-stage, all I wore was eyeliner and mascara, so this look is something that I have never really tried before. (Extra points for first timer!:D)

And this is what I got. I know its no where near as good as the magazine and the eyeliner wasn't epic and thick enough but I don't want to look like I am attending a photoshoot (cheeewahhhh) when all I am going to is, to work. =.=" Hence, a less dramatic look.

On my EYES

Any excessive creasing will transform the look from chic to trashy, so I primed my eyes using ELF Mineral Eye Primer first. Then, using the beige-coloured eyeshadow from the SILKY GIRL Duo Eye Shadow in Iced Ginger, I applied it all over my lid. Before lining my upper lash line with Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner (Pencil) in black, I applied NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Slate all over my lid to set the eyeliner so that it stays longer.

The next step is the key to create the soft but bold look - using a blending blush, blend away the harsh line of your eyeliner using a black eyeshadow. And here, I am using the black (with bits of shimmers) from my 88 warm colour palette.

For the lower lash line, after lining using the same Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner (Pencil) in black , I set the eyeliner using the Outer Corner colour (a matte darkish grey colour) from Maybelline Smokey Quad in Natural Smokes.

Think we're done? Don't forget the most important step of any make up routine - your lashes. If you're one of those who always goes "Meh, it's just lashes. They aren't gonna make much of a difference.", you're making a HUGE mistake.Because, lashes.does.make.a.difference. It opens up your eyes and probably enlarge it by 10x. As I mentioned earlier on, I don't want to look too out there for work (where no formal dress code is enforced), hence I gave falsies a miss.

HOWEVER, I did apply 2 coats of mascara, one to volumize and another one to lengthen my lashes. I used Maybelline Magnum Volum' Mascara in Black and Rimmel Glam Eyes Lash Flirt in Kohl Black.

I used In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Colour in Eye Brown and Loreal Brow Stylist in Dark Brown to fill in brows.

On my FACE
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Etude House Magic BB Cream
ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder
Physician Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Matte Finishing Veil in Translucent

On my LIPS
NYX Round Lipstick in CIRCE
NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Frosted Beige

-With flash-


-Without flash-

- Why is it so friggin' cold today???-

-Peace out, mate!-

-Outfit of the Day -
The Superwoman hoodie above is my recent purchase from JayJays last week, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it! Have been wearing them out everyday since I got it. It keeps me so warm and comfy!! JaysJays was having an extra 20% off all items on that particular day, so on top of the $10 mark down from 39 bucks, I got an extra 20% off and paid only $23 for this hoodie. Best investment ever. :D


Wow, this post is pretty word-ful. Sorry if it doesn't make much sense to you as I have been at work all day and I should be in bed half an hour ago but I felt like updating this space before hitting the sack.


What do you think of my very first Japanese-gyaru inspired look? Did I pass or fail? Lol.


Hope you guys have a great week ahead!! :D


PS: I will reply the comments tomorrow, my last day of work for the week. CAN'T WAIT! :)

XOXO,
A

4 comments:

Ee Von said...

Pass definitely! Love it to see all your FOTDs :)

CHAIGYARU said...

haha where are your false lashes ;)
its cute though. very simplified look!

btw, you look soooooooooooo korean, like.. just soooooooo korean :P

Angelique said...

Love the look! Very good inspired look to do

Unknown said...

@ Ee Von: Thanks babeee.:D I love watching your tutorial too, when's your next oneeee? :)

@ Chaigyaru: I fail in applying falsies!!! LOL. It takes me ages to put them on. Maybe I need more practice. I am Malaysian Chinese lol but I do get that alot :P

@ Angelique: Thanks sweets :D

LinkWithin