Tuesday, June 1, 2010

FOTD : Winter Wonderland

Is it me or did 2010 just flew by SO quickly? It feels like 2010 has just started and now it's already June! That also marks the start of Winter in the Southern Hemisphere. You see, I have a love-hate-relationship with winter. I absolutely adore winter fashion (think gorgeous coats, scarves, boots, gloves) but the cold and the wind that pierce through your skin, not so fun. Sydney, however had a pretty great start to the winter, with its abundance of sunshine after 2 consecutive cold and wet weeks.:) Such a shame I was stuck at work all day though.:(

In order to embrace the grand arrival of winter, I decided to go for a "Winter Wonderland" look, something out of my comfort zone. Silver and dark grey aren't really the best colours for me IMO but I decided to give it a try anyways. There's no harm trying something new, is it? =P I was quite satisfied with the outcome, except the fact that it looks a lil too over the top for work. It is definitely more suitable for a night out.

I used all the colours from LOREAL ColorAppeal Eyeshadow Quad in Star Secrets and a dark grey colour from my 88 Warm Colour Palette for the outer crease area to create more dimension to the look.

I think I went a lil extreme with the winged eye as you can see the outer quarter of the line has no lashes =.=. And, I am just too lazy to put on falsies, especially for work. *Let's pretend I did LOL*

On my EYES
ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
ELF Duo Eyeshadow Cream in Mocha Swirl
LOREAL ColorAppeal Eyeshadow in Star Secrets
88 Warm Colour Palette
Maybilline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Eyeliner in Black (Upper Lash Line)
Rimmel Soft Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Black
CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof mascara in Black
In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Colour in Eyebrown

On my FACE
Etude House Magic BB Cream
NYX Concealer in a Jar in Light
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Ivory Light
ELF Blush in Peachy Keen

On my LIPS
REVLON Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude
REVLON Beyond Natural Cream Lipgloss in Peach

-Natural Light-


-With flash-


Does the colours combination give you the "feel" of winter? What's your favourite winter look?


Stay tune for May favourites :)


XOXO

3 comments:

Ee Von said...

very winter-ish indeed! so pretty :)

when i think of winter, i think of icy, shimmery, frosty eyeshadows. any colour will do. you definitely nailed it :)

Susie said...

Sexyyyyyy!

Unknown said...

@ EeVon : Thanks :)I need to start venturing out of my comfort zone and go for more striking colours.

@ Susie: Thanksss hun :)xx

LinkWithin