Wednesday, September 1, 2010

FOTD - Monday Blues?


It's Monday today and my FOTD is blue-themed, hence the name "Monday Blues". Not very creative I know, but hey at least I did not name it "Blue FOTD". (You guys are meant to go HA-HA here. Ok, not funny.)

Anyways, I think I am on a blogging streak today, with this post being 4th for the day. I guess it makes up for the lack of post last week. =) After enduring the pain of having my laptop black out at me (ie, shuts down by itself) 2308492342034823840 times while editing photos, I am glad to say that I managed to edit quite a handful to keep this little space occupied for the next couple of days. So stay tune, lovelies! 


Honestly speaking, I think I am more of a neutral girl (speaking of which, I gotta STOP buying neutral colours =.="). But its quite a waste to have my gorgeous, vibrant pigments/ eyeshadows feeling all lonely at the corner of my make up stash while collecting dusts and to "spice" up my all black outfit - I decided to try something more bold and "out there" last Friday. And VOILA

Monday Blues? =P


On my EYES
ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Lavender (as a base for the pigment)
Urban Decay Alice in  the Wonderland Book of Shadow Palette
- Alice (All over lid)
- Jabberwocky (Outer corner)
- Curiouser ( Crease and Inner corner of the tear duct area)
- White Rabbit (highlight)
Random Electric Blue Pigment 
(Using a wet brush, gently dab it between Alice and Jabberwocky as transition colour and to give the look a better dimension. Then, use a wet angled brush to line the outer 3/4 of your lower lash line)
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Eyeliner in Black (Upper Lash Line)
Max Factor Lash Extension Effect Extra Lengthening Mascara
ELF Eyebrow Kit in Medium


On my FACE
Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in Natural Beige
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Ivory Light
NYX Concealer in a Jar in Light
MAC Mineralized Blush Duo in Hang Loose
Prestige Mineral Baked Blush in Pink

On my LIPS
Maybelline Watershine Pure Lipstick in P11

ps: I actually wore Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude when I was out, only to realise it made me look like I had a really bad sunburnt. Hence,I changed to the Maybelline Watershine Pure (which I haven't used in yonks) and it looks MUCH better.




Constipated - peace sign look ftw! =.="



Say hi to Miss Aibee <3 

Rings from my ASOS haul and Snake Bangle from Diva.

*kiss kiss

It has been a while since we last had drinks together. This lady here ditched me for Japan for a year and just got back recently. 7bucks cocktails @ Charlie Chan FTW! =)



Would you step out of your usual comfort zone once in a while and try some bold, dramatic colours? Or would you prefer to stick to your good ol', fail proof brown/black smokey eyes?


XOXO,
A

9 comments:

amanda said...

it looks really good on you :)

grace said...

I LOVE the look! and I really like the lipstick color!

GabZ1985 said...

So pretty!

To answer the question, I tend to stick to my regular black/charcoal smokey. It has to be a really big even for me to change things around.

Fruity Lashes said...

blue is one of my favorite eye colors. it looks great on you. i'd totally play with bold and dramatic colors. brown/black is too boring for everyday.

Unknown said...

love the bubblegum lips adeline!! and thanks for the book recommendation. and i read your previous posts too...and saw macaroons!! i've always wanted to try colorful macaroons like those! they look sooOOo delicious!

♥Bunny♥ said...

you look soooo pretty! Really love this look! I prefer being bold every day :D

Ee Von said...

i LOVE bold colours :D you did an amazing job with this look! <3s it hehe. btw what're u wearing on your nails? looks like some gorgeous duochrome!

Nicol said...

love it! i think im biased because its blue and its my favourite colour lol
i wouldnt mind doing a coloured smokey. itll make me stand out from the rest.
i did a purple smokey and and dark blue one before :P

Unknown said...

Thanks girls =)

@Jenny: They are YUMMY!! But they are REALLY sweet too.

@Ee Von: It's China Glaze 2Nite - I will include the swatch in the next post or 2. :)

LinkWithin