Thursday, November 4, 2010

FOTW - WORKING SERIES #3 : Smoke Jewel

Hey lovelies!

How was Halloween? I hope you guys had a great time dressing up and slutting it out there LOL. Yours truly, on the other hand, just stayed at home and had an imaginary dress up party with my series. *sad* Nar, but really, I really should of organised something with the crew and have an epic dress up party. Oh well, next year... or maybe someone's birthday.

Today's post will be the 3rd post of my FOTW - Working - Series. :) I rediscovered this Elizabeth Arden Travel Palette of mine 2 Saturdays ago, sitting at a lonely corner of my vanity corner. Tried it out for a friend's hot pot dinner and decided that this was going to be my FOTW, swapping the darker lips to a coral coloured lips :)

Mum got me this palette as part of my graduation gifts in March and I have never touched nor tried this out. I wasn't even sure why was this little baby neglected for so long before I finally show her some TLC. It's probably cos I never really associated make up with EA? *shrugZ*

This is how it looks like inside - 4 gorgeous colours with a hint of shimmer in it, a blush and a highlight colour. It also comes with an eyeshadow applicator.

L-R: Jewel, Tulle, Bubbles, Smoke, Pink Mauve, Pink Sand.
They aren't exactly the most pigmented eyeshadow I have owned/used, but the colour pay off is really good. It is really soft and blendable and you don't need much products for the colour to appear. 

 Simple & Easy Smoked Out Look using the palette above. :)

 
My EOS Brown Circle Lenses complimented the look pretty well, me thinks. :)

On my EYES
ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
Elizabeth Arden Eyeshadow Palette:
- Smoke (all over the lid colour)
- Jewel (Outer V & Crease colour & over my lower lash line)
- Tulle (Inner crease colour)
- Pink Sand (browbone highlight)
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Eyeliner in Black
Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil in Black
Maybelline Colossal Magnum Volume Mascara in Black
ELF Eyebrow Kit in Medium


On my FACE
Etude House Magic BB Cream
Rimmel Hide the Blemishes Concealer in Ivory
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Pink Mauve from EA Palette ( I have swapped this blush with different blushes throughout the week)
Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Liquid Pearl ( I have swapped this with Illamasqua Powdered Metal and MAC MSF in Candlelight throughout the week)

On my LIPS
Elizabeth Arden Exceptional Lipstick in Dessert Rose
( I have been using Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Crush - this GORGEOUS coral coloured lipstick instead as dessert rose is a lil too dark for work imo).

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Crush
(which is KINDA similar to Jazzed. I will do a comparison swatch in the next post or so :P)

Lighting was crap so I had to edit it to make it more presentable =.="

That's how my yucky curly/frizzy hair looks like when I don't straighten it.:( Can't wait to chemically rebond it when I am in Malaysia end of the year.

Cos I am luvo like this :)

Have you guys tried Elizabeth Arden Make Up range before? 


XOXO,
A

2 comments:

DICTASHION. said...

Yes i have!! I own one of their black eye liners - I love it!

Kontakt said...

Like your blog :) cute design and so are you. Come and visit my blog sometime. I´m korean but is living a swedish life =) // Xoxo http://twinkleztar.blogspot.com

LinkWithin