Sunday, December 19, 2010

FOTD - Summer Favourite!

Hello lovelies!

How is everyone? Sorry for going MIA from this blog for the past week, I have been pretty naughty when it comes to blogging last week. Work and gym took most of time and I am completely exhausted at the end of the day. Also, the weather in Sydney can only be described using one word - temperamental. It can be nice and sunny one day and windy and gloomy the next. Thanks to the constant change of weather + lack of sleep (and maybe a little too much drinking), your truly is now down with a cold, which really sucks huge elephant balls! I am trying to get well before next Thursday as it is my Company's Christmas Party and I am off to Malaysia and Singapore for a week on Friday! (Shopping and FOOD, momma is coming to you!) I will be meeting up with a few bloggers while I am in Singapore too. (take a guess? =P) CAN'T WAIT! =)

ANYWAYS, nonsensical ramblings aside and lets move on to my favourite summer look. :)

This look is extremely easy to create and fail proof - perfecto for summer.

I have been wearing this look to work lately too because 1) I am too lazy to get creative in the morning and 2) I start sweating after the 15 minutes walk to the station and the last thing I want is a melting make up face. 

MY SUMMER ESSENTIALS / FAVOURITE PRODUCTS:

These are the products that I have been using alot lately. I just realised I forgotten to include all the eye products I used - EPIC FAIL!

I don't usually use my MAC Super Slick Liquid Liner in blue - I was just exceptionally lazy on the day I took these photos and couldn't be bothered using a brush to apply my favourite gel liner - Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Eyeliner (which I heard is coming to Australia next year?). Yes, I can be that lazy. =.="

As for the blushes, I am currently into peachy coloured blush. I have been swapping around between ELF Powder Blush in Peachy Keen, Maybelline Mineral Blush in True Peach and my all time favourite MAC MSF Blush in Stereo Rose (which is more of a coral colour than peach).

For highlighters, I have been using my MAC MSF in Candlelight alot lately instead of my all time favourite Illamasqua Powdered Metal in Ether as it gives me that natural glow without being too shimmery. As much as I LOVE my powdered metal to bits, I really don't wanna sweat shimmer bits in this weather. My Benefit Girls Meet Pearl highlighter (as pictured above) is another awesome but neglected product which finally gets to see daylight again last week. I am such a bad owner sometimes lol. 

And for bronzers, I have been swapping between Milani Sunset Duo in Sunset City and ELF Warm Bronzing Powder, which is such a disappointment I must say. It is SUPER chalky its not even funny but since I paid a "premium price" (Australia and their taxes) for it, I am trying to use it just so I don't feel bad. =/


Moving on to the FOTD:


On my EYES
ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
MAC Bare Study Paint Pot
NYX Single Eyeshadow in Champagne (all over the lid colour)
Dark Brown from my Physician Formula Baked Collection in Baked Spice (Crease colour)
MAC Super Slick Liquid Liner in Blue
Loreal Voluminous Mascara in Black
ELF Eyebrow Kit in Mediu


Remember how I said this Eyeshadow trio is a huge let down because the colours aren't as pigmented as I expected? Well, I actually find the dark brown colour from the trio is perfect as a crease colour when I am going for the subtle look - not too dark but good enough to give a better dimension to my eyes. 

My eyes look like they are swollen? Or maybe they are just weird. =.=""""

On my FACE
Cancer Council Australia Tinted Moisturizer in Creme Beige
(Perfect for summer! Expect a review coming up shortly)
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Powder in Cream
Garnier Anti Dark Circles Roll On in light
Rimmel Hide The Blemishes Concealer in Ivory
Milani Sunset Duo in Sunset City
ELF Powder Blush in Peachy Keen
Benefit Girls Meet Pearl highlighter

On my LIPS
MAC Lipstick in Shy Girl
(My current favourite! Been using this for the past month or so!)


Lighting is kinda shit too, or maybe its just my camera! I think its about time to get a new one. =P
 Cos I am gangsta' like this!

Dress worn as Tank Top: Cotton On
Shorts: Kitschen


Because I was in such a camwhoring mode that day.


What are your summer essential and favourite products?
 Any of the products I mentioned or all of the above? =P

 
XOXO,
A

4 comments:

AnNeTtEe said...

u are super duper cute!! I love how you wore your hair here!!

Anonymous said...

I am diggin' the blue eyeliner!

xx The Little Dust Princess

Prettyholic said...

Super pretty as always. I love your skin bebe!!! Share ur secrets!

PS: I love your brows hehe. Mines all over the place haha!

Anonymous said...

cant believe its summe over there.. its absolutely freezing in the uk haha. i am slightly envious, although im not keen on very warm weather. guess i cant win! you look cute there!

LinkWithin