Sunday, February 27, 2011

WET & WILD COLOUR ICON PALETTES REVIEW & SWATCHES


Howdy! :P

Hope you guys are having a great weekend so far! I had a midweek pampering session using my Essentials Honey Hair Mask and Soap & Glory Flake Away exfoliater. I haz SUPER smooth hair and smell amazingly good now! LOL I had an awesome time tanning and catching up with Janice as well as dinner with the girls yesterday!!! Gotta indulge in the sun before autumn arrives. However, I think I should take a step back from tanning, especially after the weird but vivid dream I had last night about skin cancer! 



ANYHOOS,

today's post is a more detailed review on one of my current favourite products - WET & WILD COLOUR ICON PALETTES that I got from my swap with Gwen


I have been wanting to try these palettes for the LONGEST TIME EVER but as always, the land down under doesn't stock them and even if they do, it will probably costs as much as the departmental store products in the States. Yes, cosmetics prices is disgustingly inflated here. (We have been through this heaps. I shall save this for another post.) Hence, I was delighted when I received my package from Gwen. :)


Without further ado, let's move on to the swatches before the detailed review on these palettes. :)

GREED



VANITY



PRIDE



LUST




WHAT I THINK ABOUT THESE PALETTES?


Product [5/5] - As you can probably tell from the swatches above, the product is EXTREMELY pigmented and has great colour pay off. And I like how it comes with 3 matte and 3 shimmers colours, which allows you to mix and match according to your personal preference. Personally, I prefer shimmer colours as I think it brightens up my look a little. But I don't really want to look like an over-bling-ed christmas tree either, so it's always good to tone it down with a matte colour, which is usually the brow bone highlight for me. :) Also, the staying power of these shadows is awesome!!! With my faithful ELF Eyelid Primer, these eyeshadows last forever! Even after a strenuous gym session. For the price of this palette, there's nothing more you can ask from this product! 

Price [5/5] - I think it's sold for USD5 per palette, which is EXTREMELY cheap, especially for Australian standard.  B ut to my Australian readers, it will definitely costs more than USD5 due to shipping costs and if you're buying from a local online store, the price is heaps inflated. I was lucky enough to get mine during my swap with Gwen. It will probably cost up to approximately $10 - $12 including shipping if you get it from Non Parallel Boutique, which is still fairly reasonable. (Once again, I am comparing it to other Australian Drugstores products.)


Packaging [3/5] - If you REALLY have to pick a flaw from the Wet & Wild Colour Icon Palette will probably be the packaging of the palette. It's pretty plastic-ish but that doesn't really concern me, so no biggie. 



No prize for guessing that Vanity is my favourite out of the 4 of them as I love my neutrals and earthy colours. :) I love the shimmer-y peach colour from the Greed palette as well! I will be having a Wet & Wild FOTD/FOTW series coming up - which is basically a series of different looks created using these babies. So, stay tune for that, which is coming up very soon! :P


Alright beauties, it's time for me to hit the books now. :( I hope this review and swatches is helpful to those who are looking for an awesome but affordable palettes or for those who are looking to try Wet & Wild products. :)


Which is your favourite palette out of the 4 of them?


XOXO,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review. I really like the 'Greed' and 'Lust' palette. Too bad they dont sell WetnWild products here in Aussie..

TINA said...

I love these!

Celina said...

Great palettes! I really want to try these, I wish they were more readily available in Australia!

LinkWithin