Saturday, June 18, 2011

FOTD - UD Black Palette + Rated "R"

Hello lovelies!!!

Sorry it has been a while and my apologies for the unannounced hiatus once again. The initial plan of multi-posting during the long weekend did not happen as I was busy celebrating (that I passed my FIRST CA module, which is apparently the hardest technical module too!), catching up with friends and attended Hair Expo 2011! My long weekend went by so quickly and before I knew it, bam, it's the start of the week again and bam again, it's the weekend! :) It's SO GOOD to have the sun back after 2 miserable weeks of rain in Sydney! :)

BTW, I finally got myself a new camera - a Canon IXUS 220 as reward for passing my FIN module. I can now take awesome FOTD photos without having to snap 42893429734892 times to get one which is decently not over exposed and out of focus. *win* That also means constant adjustment of lightings such as auto contrasting is no longer required! *double win*

ANYHOOS, I am gonna stop babbling on random stuff (like I always do =.=") and move on to the serious stuff. :) 

My EOTD for Hair Expo 2011 last Monday. :)

More photos and step-by-step instruction after the break.



Look at how buttery smooth and pigmented these colours are!!!
I used the colours from Urban Decay Black Palette and MAC Rated "R" (the bright lime green eyeshadow) which I scored from Sydney Beauty Bloggers Yumcha and Beauty Swap two months ago.

 UD Black Dog,MAC Rated "R", UD Sabbath, UD Cobra

UD Black Palette is a limited edition palette with 5 black-based shadows, in which 3 of them were used in this look. Cobra is a black-based shadow with green shimmers (which is more visible on those fingers swatch than skin swatch).


Step 1: Apply NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean all over lid as a base colour. 
Step 2: Apply UD Cobra on the 2/3 of the lid. 
Step 3: Apply UD Black Dog on the outer 1/3 of the lid.
Step 4: Using a clean blending blush, blend the two colours together and blend away all the harsh edges. 
Step 5: Gently pack on UD Sabbath on the outer V of the lid.
Step 6: Apply MAC Rated "R" on the inner half crease and inner corner of the eye. 
Step 7: Keep blending, blending, blending until there's no harsh edges to be seen. :)
Step 8: Apply UD Black Dog on your outer lower lash line and MAC Rated R on your inner lash line before tightlining your lower lash line. :)



Other EYES products used 
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Maybelline Eyestudio Drama Lasting Eyeliner in Black
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Zero
Gipsy falsies
Maybelline Hello Kitty Volume Express Mascara in Black
EOS Brown lenses from MUKUCHU

On my FACE
Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Liquid Foundation in Beige
Australis Liquid Concealer Pen in Beige
MAC MSF in Medium
Sports Girl Oh My Goddess Bronzer 
Illamasqua Powder Blush in Lover
Borjouis Eyeshadow 08 (as highlighter)

On my LIPS
BYS Longwear Lipstick in Baby Doll


Definitely loving the whole bright bubblegum lips now! :)

HOW AWESOME IS MY NEW CAMERA AYE AYE AYE? No auto contrast needed, no adjustment of lightings needed! Fresh from the camera plus the watermark. :)


Now the FOTD for Hair Expo 2011 is done, a wrap up of the Hair Expo 2011 will be another post on its own. 
Stay tune for that!

Hope you lovelies are having a great weekend so far! To all my Australian readers, stay warm! :)

XOXO,
A


6 comments:

Jenny said...

i love the pop of green! and the lashes :) looking hottttt babyyy

Unknown said...

Love your eye makeup!! :) Looks very sultry!

SWK said...

Wow, your makeup looks great! I love the pink lipstick too. I need to practice more with falsies... :(

Mish said...

Love your eyemakeup :) The green makes the look really stand out !

x

Unknown said...

[Jenny] Thanks babyyyy!!!! I love the lime green eyeshadow too!!

[Rainy Day and Lattes] Thanks love. :)

[Michelle] The lipstick is my current fav!!! :) Just keep applying them and you will get the hang of it! It took me a while to finally get used to applying them. :)

[Mish] Thanks girlie :)

mizztraveller said...

ur eyes make up looks great

LinkWithin