Wednesday, June 8, 2011

SWATCHES : BOURJOIS BLUSHES AND BRONZING POWDER


This random Priceline haul was one of the many backlogged posts waiting to be caught up. However, when I saw Jade's twitter update about Priceline having 50% off  Bourjois (pronounced as bur-jur) products, I thought I'd share with you guys my purchase from Priceline a couple of weeks ago and some swatches. Hopefully, it will help you lovelies to make some decisions when deciding which items to splurge on. :)


Bourjois Bronzing Powder , Bourjois blushes and Formula 10.0.6 Down to the Pore strips

Priceline were having 20% off when I purchased this products and I thought it was a pretty good deal. Should have waited a little longer and I will be able to grab more blushes! LOL #beautyhoarder

Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 52 (the darker of the 2 shades available)

I have been wanting to try this product for quite some time after all the good reviews I read about. Quick thoughts on this product - it was less pigmented than I'd like it to be but its not too bad as a winter contouring colour as I am as pasty as Snow White now. However, this is definitely not a summer bronzer. 

L-R: Bourjois Eyeshadow in 08 (used as highlighter), Rose Coup De Foudre 16, Rose Ambre 74 and Lilas D'or 33

As you can tell, these blushes aren't the most pigmented blushes you have but they are definitely buildable! :)


Eyeshadow 08 - I have been looking for a replacement for my MAC MSF in Candlelight as I can spot the obvious usage of Candlelight and the last thing I want is to hit pan with my limited edition product. I was meant to pick up the highlighter from the blush range but the Priceline in Westfield Sydney ran out of stock and the one on Market Street seems pretty old. So, I decided to go with this champagne coloured eyeshadow instead, which surprisingly works pretty well as a highlighter. Always look for options, girls. :)

Rose Coup De Foudre 16 - This reminds me of NARS Orgasm when I first swatted it albeit I am not a lucky owner of NARS Orgasm. 


Rose Ambre 74 - A matte berry pink colour, which is probably the most pigmented of all three blushes. I  find myself reaching for this colour when I have heavier eye make up. Kids, make up tip 101, you don't want to look like with a party shimmer ball with epic make up and shinny cheeks. 

Lilas D'or 33 - This reminds me of NARS Orgasm when I first swatted it albeit I am not a lucky owner of NARS Orgasm. To those of you who own NARS Orgasm, do you reckon this is a great dupe? Definitely my favourite out of the loot. :)

All blushes come with a mini brush, which I obviously chucked a side cos well, I prefer to use a blush brush. 

I am wearing here Lilas D'or 33 :)

Loving this Combo atm :)
On my EYES - Wet and Wild Colour Icon Palette in Vanity
On my LIPS - Barry M Lipstick in 146
(After going through a phase of darker lip colour such as berry pink/plum, I am now into Bubblegum pink colour. Barry M Lipstick in 146 and BYS Longwear Lipstick in Baby Doll)

With natural light.

I hope these swatches help those of you who are having a hard time deciding which colours to choose from the range of gorgeous colours. :)


To all my Australian readers, don't forget that Priceline is having 50% off Bourjois products from 8th - 20th June. :)


Have you tried any of Bourjois blushes or bronzing powder?
Which is your favourite colour? Any recommendations?


XOXO,
A

6 comments:

나니 said...

You look absolutely STUNNING and Lilas D'or is an amazing color! *_* I love the warm sheen is gives.

Vita said...

Another excuse to go to Priceline - not that I need any excuses!

Fruity Lashes said...

gorgeous! Rose Ambre 74 is so me.

Unknown said...

나니 : Thanks love!! Lilas D'or is my fav! :)

Vita: Haha! I like that! I need excuses to STAY AWAY from Price Line

Fruity Lashes: I guess you're into matte blushes?

Cindy said...

no idea what bronzing is used for and how to use it - as per usual, I have a few pallettes at home due to my impulsive buying - please help!!!

wtmontana said...

I picked up the Bronzer in the cheapie bin at priceline for $10 and love it! It's one of my faves :) I also have a blush but not sure what colour it is :)

LinkWithin