Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Diary of the "One Handed Warrior" - 9 Fun Facts of a Cripple

Howdy! 

For those of you who follow Through Beauty Eyes social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook or Instagram), you would have known I snapped my middle finger, walked around with a HUGEASS cast which I thought wasn't that necessary for 1.5 weeks, had two screws inserted to fix my broken bone with feral stitches, and now finally en route to recovery with a robot-like splinter for the next 6 weeks. (For visual effect, please click on each event - as there are some that are not for the faint hearted) :P

1. The White Cast has became my daily accessories. 

As evident by the series of my #OOTD above.

Spotted: Lotus Mendes Goddess Ring
In fact, I rocked up to Colgate's #OpticWhite event without realising that it was a White Party. BUT HEY, MY CAST IS WHITE SO I WAS KINDA FOLLOWING THE THEME. #winning

2. The White Cast can also be a pain in the arse, especially when it's raining. 

God bless Glad Wrap! This is how I roll - rain or shine; cripple or not - I party on! :P

BUT THAT DOES NOT STOP ME FROM CRIPPLE FIST PUMPING AND SAVING THE WORLD WITH SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA! 

3. The White Cast AND the splinter are both a huge pain in the arse! 

Because I can't get it wet and have a hard time keeping it dry. This is NOT what she said.  

Imagine having to wrap the cast/ splinter up everytime I shower, do dishes, meal prep or any activities that might potentially get it wet... NOT FUN! Which brings me to the next point....

4. EXFOLIATION became a LUXURY! 

I have been exfoliating every 2-3 days ever since I discovered The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Exfoliator (which recently took over the HG Exfoliator title from Soap & Glory Flake Away exfoliator). SMELLS SO FRICKIN AH-MA-ZING & SO GENTLE on the skin with its tiny exfoliator bits.

I did not exfoliate during the 1.5 weeks when I had my massive cast and only resumed exfoliating a couple of days ago after the cast came off and the post-surgery pain has subsided. And BOY, DID IT FEEL GOOD! Except, my right arm will probably need an INTENSIVE exfoliating once my suture wound has fully heeled. GO FIGURE! 

5. At the very least, I can haz pretty painted nails with splinter. 

 Taking the new Illamasqua Speckles Polish in Mottle from I'MPerfection collection on a test drive! This polish is revolutionary and an absolute darling - mint plus glitter bits 2 IN 1? YES PLEASE! 

At least, it made my splinter slightly prettier. 

#ThisISHowYouSpotABeautyBlogger
#NOTD #Cripple #Edition


6. My skin, face & body is lacking TLC.

Try picture trying to massage the serum and/or moisturser all over your face; applying body butter/ lotion all over your body; and applying haircare post shower single handedly

Yeap, fun times.

I probably wasted half of bottle/ tub of skincare in the past three weeks; pretty much passed on bodycare since the faithful day; and so's my haircare. (I did however, manage to curl my hair with my robot cast. =P)

7. When I am feeling down or depressed over my injury or the inconvenience caused by it, BRIGHT lipsticks always save the day. 

Illamasqua Lipstick in Immodest on the left and Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte Lipstick in Bright Pink on the right. 
I know I went through an orange/ coral phase towards the end of last year, I am now swaying back to bright, matte barbie pink lippies with smokey eyes. :)



Whilst they are both matte and look pretty similar on the lips but when swatched, Immodest is more of bright fuchsia and Bright Pink is well, more of bright barbie pink. :P

8. I MISS THE GYM SO FRICKIN BAD 
Especially lifting AND pole dancing! 

Yours truly sneaking in a spin class a day before my surgery.

I could barely walk after the class and cast didn't exactly feel the best (EW, I know) - it felt SO. DAMN. GOOD. The endorphins kick was priceless! Me thinks I am going to sneak in a pilates session later this arvo although my physio said I shouldn't really be hitting the gym till the stitches are off this Thursday! 

Gym Junkie or Gym Addict? You tell me! ;)

I have also been working on my new side project Eat This Burn That - will let the cat out of the bag when everything is more organised! At the meantime, don't forget to follow me on Twitter (@EatThisBurnThat) or Facebook for health and fitness updates! :)


Hand exercise, as prescribed by the physiotherapist. This is as active I have been since surgery. =.="
(Pun might be intended)
If only I could list down all the inappropriate comments I received :P

9. IF ALL THINGS FAIL, GRAB A SPOON AND HAVE BEN & JERRYS 

Chocolate Therapy is my drug to replace Panadeine Forte when I was in pain or when I am down and annoyed. #LetsDigIn

FINALLY,

My GORGEOUS & AMAZING bestie whom I stumbled upon (literally) 5 years ago! She's pretty, smart, kind hearted and an awesome listener & advisor when I need it! LOVE YOU LONG TIME MISS CSJ! 
I am glad that despite all the hoo-hah, I am able to celebrate my bestie's 25th birthday - partyin it up like its 2008. My dress even matches my splinter! :P

A little unusual compared to my usual post but I hope you guys enjoy it!
Happy Tuesday, y'all!!


XOXO,
A

1 comment:

Jen W said...

Poor you with that awful cast! I hope your finger heals soon.

You're looking gorgeous though- eat this burn that is showing!

LinkWithin