Tuesday, April 9, 2013

#LOVE LIST #5: Beauty Edition


Since the beauty component of this blog has been MIA-ing quite a bit as or late, I thought I'd dedicate a Love List for the beauty products I'm currently loving!


I have been sent a few products at the start of the year (can you believe we are already in the second quarter of the year?!?) and finally got the chance to try them out and these are the ones that I'm diggin' at the moment!


Illamasqua Speckled Nail Polish in Fragile - A gorgeous Tiffany blue WITH speckles! That means you don't have to go through the hassle of applying 5 coats (2 for the base colour, 2 for the glitter AND top coat)! I was wearing this nail polish during my short trip back to Malaysia - and one of Mum's friend was IN LOVE with this nail polish. Lucky her, I brought it with me. =P

Wearing Katie and Ambition here 
Illamasqua Blush Duo in Katie and Ambition - Ambition is a mauve coloured blush with tiny bits of glitters whereas Katie is a matte baby pink blush. Ambition is a great colour on its own - it gives ithat gorgeous flush (somewhere between bronze and coral) within being to over the top; Katie, on the other hand, is a tad too pale for my skin to wear on its own! 

A CLOSE UP of the blush combination :)
However, Katie is the perfect shade to mattify Ambition if I am feeling a no-glitter kinda day! This Blush Duo has been my everyday blush during my short Malaysia trip during Easter! 


Models Prefer Lust Lipstick in Cupcake - Another new found love of mine - this coral lippie with extremely moisturising formula is surprisingly pigmented and long-lasting. It reminds me a lot of Revlon's Lip Butter in Trutti Frutti (reviewed HERE). The best thing is? It's only $11.99 a pop. Gotta love me some good cheapie lippie! 


Benefit FAKE UP Concealer - You might have came across this product on Through Beauty Eyes from my Social Diaries #2 updates (Remember the topless butler? Yes, THAT) I finally get around to trying this and my FAKE UP cherry was popped after a long haul flight. Needless to say, I was hooked since then and FAKE UP has definitely made its way to claim the HG concealer spot. LATERS, dry undereyes! However, if you're looking for a full coverage concealer - this might not be the man (or lady) for you as the formula is pretty sheer (due to its moisturising nature I suppose). I do get the desirable concealing I am looking for by applying a couple of layers. Make sure you try it out at your nearest Benefit counter before doing any purchase! A quick tip I learnt from the #FakeUpevent is to apply this concealer in a "V shape" on your undereye and blend it upwards using your ring finger


URIAGE Thermal Water for sensitive skin - This baby was a life savior during my short trip to Malaysia - a couple of pump of this thermal water in the hot and humid weather is one of my simple pleasures in life! So refreshing, so good. URIAGE Eau Thermal is still saving my life skin now that I am back in Sydney. With the change in weather - my skin has been PMS-ing like a bitch. Ridiculously dry and rashes poppin' up left right centre (quite literally). I try to spray this every half an hour or so to replenish my skin with some water it desperately needs. LOVE! 

Hope you enjoyed this my love list and quick reviews this week. J

Have you tried any of these products?
What are on your love list this week and did any of the above products make it into your list?

XOXO,
A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww you look so pretty ! :) Nice products, too. Love the tangerine shade on your lips, I'm currently searching for products with that color for lips & cheeks. :)

Cute blog x

Indie by heart

LinkWithin